Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trenta.....31 oz coffee!


I was happy to hear that Starbucks is test marketing a new size of drink. It's the next size up from the Venti. For some people, 24 oz just ain't cuttin' it anymore.

The TRENTA is Italian for thirty. It's for iced coffee or an iced tea.

It's being tested in Phoenix and Tampa because of the warm climate. I think it's a great idea. My friend Jenipher always gets a hot coffee because she says she drinks it too fast otherwise. If I am really thirsty, I can almost finish a Grande iced coffee before I am out of the drive-through. The Trenta is not for BLENDED drinks. Those are the high calorie "dessert" options. Not really coffee.....
An iced Trenta can have as little as five calories. With sweetener it's still only around 200 calories. And it will go for $3.30. Not bad....

I hope it's a hit! And I hope by Summer it will be available in Washington...

No comments:

Post a Comment