Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mother Of The Bride. Yep.


Oh my goodness I have been extra busy! I am now a Mother of The Bride and that takes a surprising amount of time and effort. I must say, I love it. It has given Tayler and I a chance to have a lot of time together. I am not the typical MOB, in my humble opinion. I really don't mind what theme Tayler wants, what colors, or if Big Bird is the DJ. She can have purple tuxedos and if it makes her day all she ever dreamed it would be then so be it.  Oddly enough, she picked the exact colors I would have chosen. She picked the exact dresses I would have wanted. She is decorating the reception in my dream decor. Hmmm, funny how that worked out! Maybe it was the hundreds of hours we spent together when she was young shopping for tea sets and everything Shabby Chic. Tayler has always been a classy gal though. She came out of the womb with a fashionable hand bag thrown over her little shoulder.

 It is going to be a beautiful  vintage style wedding and she will be a beautiful bride. She and Kyle have a lot of fun things planned that will allow their unique personalities to shine.

We have had the best time looking for dresses, doilies and mason jars. Here is something I found at a garage sale. It will fit perfectly.



 Her gown is UNREAL and all I could think of as she stood there on that platform is.....

"I gave birth to The Little Mermaid!"

She looked just like her! Maybe I am a teensy bit biased, but I didn't blame the people in the bridal shop for stopping to stare at her with their mouths agape. She was truly a vision. Now, add about 200 people, a groom, music, candles, and her Dad on her arm....and I will be a heap of tears. Here is a picture of her in A dress but of course it is not THE dress...


Here is an idea of her colors and style....

Now, one thing I have to find is a Mother of The Bride gown. So far, the ones I have found are not very nice. Sort of boxy and full of pleats. I don't want to stand out, I want to blend in, but not like a curtain blends in to a wall. And most of those gowns look like drapes. Here is one I found. I know, how tacky that I took it in the mirror but I wanted to capture the moment I tried on my FIRST Mother of The Bride gown. I was a little choked up over it all. It isn't the right color, or style, but it was the FIRST try.
And just for fun, a picture of Havensong dress shopping too. We lost her for a bit!
And here is a link to their wedding blog:

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I definitely think vintage lace in order for the MOB. Something like this skirt but in a dress, no?

    http://thedillspiel.blogspot.com/2010/06/dont-hate-me-because-i-dyed-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I was thinking. Lace would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete