Sunday, March 18, 2012

Zombies and Shamrocks?


Beau has been very busy lately playing his bagpipes. He is part of RMM Pipe Band, but he also plays for a lot of events on his own. We have had fun lately going to different places and meeting new people. The routine is always the same. Up early, in the van, diaper bag and kids in tow. It is always a challenge getting out the door!!

Yesterday he was asked to play for the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Whidbey Island. We were especially glad to go since we used to live there and love going back. Our good friends the Lohmann's helped us out. Their kids held Beau's sign and passed out cards for him. We dressed up Havensong and my mom pushed her in the stroller. I carried the front wheel that flew off of the stroller in the first five minutes.






St. Patricks's Day is always festive. Maybe I like it so much because it's the day after my birthday. It always brings back good memories from childhood. When I saw green everywhere, it made me happy.

We had cheerleaders behind us and I got to hear all of the things they were saying about Beau wearing a kilt. It's a universal conversation people have about pipers, I guess.

Beau won an award during the ceremony. He was the crowd favorite.


 
Posted by PicasaAt the end of the parade there was a huge group of zombie teenagers. I didn't quite know how or why they fit into the theme. As Beau came up over the hill they all started dancing their version of the highland fling to his music. I felt like I must be having some sort of dream. It seemed a little strange, but oddly inspiring. I am quite certain beau will never ever have teenage zombie girls dance around him in a circle  again.

1 comment: