Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Daffadowndilly

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
“Winter is dead.”
A.A. Milne

Autumn used to recite this poem when she was a toddler. She was so adorable they way she would act out the words.

She and I love daffodils and always cheer when we see them appear after the long winter months. This year seemed like winter went on forever. I am oh so happy Spring has arrived, and with it small bursts of sunshine here and there.

I am looking forward to Spring.

 My favorite things about it are:

1) New Chicks :) Maybe these ones will live.....one can hope.
2) The Tulip Festival....and forcing all of the kids to go and take pictures.
3) Planning a garden....and this year I might even actually plant one.
4) Rubber boots
5) Taking our schoolwork work outdoors.

I can tell the kids have a little bounce in their step. Havensong has not spent much time outside so we are excited to show her so many new fun things.
 And she will be beautiful in the middle of the tulip fields...can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I get to show Shauna new things... to just watch her little face in amazement etc... still miss the cooler weather... then again... we don't get as much as you do...

    ReplyDelete