Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Favorite: The Civil Wars

I am getting tired of country music. I don't know if it's the predictable lyrics or that so many of the songs seem forced. This song caught my attention...it was so pretty.  Beau is my personal DJ while we drive and I can always count on him to introduce me to new music. Sometimes I like it (like this band) and sometimes I don't. (dubstep)

I found myself listening to all of the songs on The Civil Wars album and really liking them. It consists of Joy Williams and John Paul White.  Each song feels like they are telling you an intimate story. It's not overdone. It's simple and beautiful. This duet is amazing. I love it when lyrics sort of leave you guessing and cause you to fill in the blanks with your own thoughts, ideas and experiences.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I always love some good, new music.

    ReplyDelete