Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rishi's Gift Foundation


Above is Rishi singing the song "I am " composed by Rishi Nair and Mateo Messina for the Symphony of the Superhero.

How do I describe Rishi? He is a vibrant, talented sweet boy who loves music and people.
We belong to the same home school community as his family. It's a wonderful group of people who share a common goal. To educate their children and provide them with wonderful, enriching  experiences along the way. We were a part of one of those amazing "moments" last night. Beau played his bagpipes for a Rishi's Gift benefit concert. As I stood in the back at all of the familiar faces gathered together to support this effort I got a bit choked up. I know these people truly care for each other and it is so precious.

Rishi was born without functioning kidneys. He spent most of his young life attached to tubes....I remember him having to sit out while the kids on our group would run, swim, play. He always had a smile to share. He had such a great attitude. I have to smile when I think back to all of our talent shows at our school. Rishi loved to perform and always managed to steal the show. He has loved music since I have known him. I am so proud of him and his family for putting that love of music into helping others.
http://www.rishisgift.com/
His Mother gave him one of her kidneys three years ago. I look back on that and get teary eyed as I remember Mary Lynn's determination and strength through out it all. They have turned a difficult situation into an opportunity to bless others. They raise money for children who battle medical hurdles. They offer them a little piece of "joy". A chance to rest a little from their battle. A chance to smile and be happy.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful life you have live! Keep touching others and they will keep touching you.
    Thanks for sharing this great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful life you live!

    ReplyDelete